What does your intuition tell you when a phenomenon is counterintuitive? It is my intuition that you cannot do good research without intuition. But, without safeguards, intuition can play tricks on you. Suppose that scientists...
Delving into corpus linguistics, its theoretical relevance, and its applications
- PreechVis: Visual profiling using multiple-word combinations
- Statistical analyses of Spoken French Prosodic Structures
- Characterizing discourse genres with prosodic features in a reference treebank of spoken French
- It is important to note that partially productive patterns may count as constructions
- A visual approach for text analysis using multiword topics
- Word embeddings: the (very) basics
- Why corpus linguists should be wary of kidney stones and Simpson’s paradox
- The Indian exception: complex prepositions in the Kolhapur Corpus
- Corpus Linguistics and Statistics with R is out!
- Noam Chomsky’s colorless green idea: « corpus linguistics doesn’t mean anything »